Are you aware that YouTube is the second most popular search engine? Created foremost for watching videos, it is now becoming the hub of online business where people are considering it to sell courses as well. If you are new to the world of YouTube business, you can get all the relevant information regarding beginners, right from creating your channel to how to sell courses using Youtube in this article.
According to the Youtube blog, YouTube Advertising, “over 70% of viewers say that YouTube makes them more aware of new brands”. Therefore, if you are someone who wants to make a living by selling courses online, it makes more sense to use YouTube. In this post, you can learn all about how you can use YouTube online to sell your online courses.
How to Begin?
The key to successfully selling your course on your YouTube channel is to have several subscribers and several views. But then how to attract your target audience. Let us understand your target customer’s psychology and how you can identify the opportunities to attract them to watch your videos.
A person visiting YouTube online for learning purposes does so
- Either because he/she is looking for something new
- Or because he/she is looking for a solution to any of his problems. ( It could be a math or physics problem he isn’t able to solve, it could be a problem related to his health or looks).
How to Design your Content?
While deciding on the contents of your online courses, it is always better to keep these pointers in mind.
- Have optimum length videos – neither too long, not too short.
- Try to create a different YouTube playlist depending on your content.
- Update your YouTube regularly
- Try to include interactive live sessions where you can host quizzes, and give live tips to solve your audience’s problems.
Therefore, you have to look at your offering and see what value it can add to your target audience. Your value proposition being sorted out, you now need to ensure that your audience watches your content.
The first opportunity you have is when your potential viewer looks at your video channel or video thumbnail. Therefore create your thumbnails keeping your value proposition in mind. If you can tap into this first opportunity, half of your job is done.
Now that your viewer is watching your video channel, you have another big task to get him to like your content and subscribe to your channel. That can be done, only when you sync your offering with the needs of your audience.
Do not hesitate to do a little data-driven research. Post a few free useful videos for the consumption of your viewers. This will help you to grow your subscriber base and give them an insight into your offering. You can create some promotional videos where you can talk about your value proposition in-depth and garner a rough idea of their response.
Meet the Boss – Monetization
All done, it’s finally time to monetize your YouTube channel. Let’s get started on some effective ways to do so.
- Ask your audience what type of videos they want to watch. Your research has given you an insight into your viewer’s problems and their response to your solution. At the end of your videos, talk to your audience and ask them what value they think you can add to your existing content. You can go through the comments section to have a clear-cut idea of what they are exactly looking for.
- Your channel should reflect your expertise. Starting with your Channel name, to its logo, to its ‘About’ page to your Youtube profile, your value proposition should be etched out everywhere.
- When your subscription base has increased on your Youtube profile to a level where you can monetize your course, offer discounted membership. Speak exclusively about how the paid members can have access to premium content on your channel.
Other Revenue Generation Sources
In case you are wondering, channel membership is not the only way to monetize your YouTube business channel. You can also earn by
- Revenue from Advertising by letting them run in between your videos.
- Brand deals. For example, if you are a yoga teacher you can sponsor a brand that sells yoga mats.
- Affiliate marketing is the most popular method of earning through YouTube.
- You can even sell YouTube channel to monetize it.
Having done all of the above, you now need to take your online course to the next level. Do have a look at how ClassPlus can help you do that with amazing app features.
The Final Call!
YouTube is a great medium to reach millions of people. However, remember that when you make money using YouTube, there is a commission that you have to share with the channel too. Therefore, it sometimes makes more sense to use your YouTube playlist to just reach out to your target audience to sell your online course.
You can leverage your subscriber base and your channel members, also the huge traffic that visits YouTube every day to sell on YouTube channels successfully. You can do that by –
- Creating some free videos as mentioned earlier. However, make sure that your free videos add value to your audience but the paid course adds even more. Know how you can create engaging videos for your online courses.
- Add a link to your website or your online course app in the description box. If you are wondering how to do that, please visit Classplus to get the job done for you.
- In every video you make, include a strong call to action to visit your website or download your app to drive more traffic toward your online course.
- Ask them for their email address on your channel online, so you can connect directly and keep updating them about your new offerings or discount offers.
With more than 2 billion users, YouTube is a compelling channel online to sell courses online . If you are in it for the long run, then YouTube is your best opportunity to build your brand and establish your expertise. . With Classplus, you can harness the power of technology to sell your online courses.