The education industry is expanding, and online learning is prevalent. According to Global Market Insights, the e-learning market will be worth more than $300 billion by 2025. People have switched from offline to online learning due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is now possible for anyone to learn anything from anywhere in their comfort zone. It takes passion and commitment to create and sell your first online course. You must complete a course that people would like, then commit to sharing it with the students you are willing to assist. It must serve your audience and provide the best possible online course and support. You should also never stop marketing.
Here are the 5 steps that can guide you to sell your first ever online course
The first step in selling your online course is to create valuable course content. Then, to attract students and differentiate yourself from the competition, you must innovate the content you will present.
- E-learning implies distance learning, but it does not mean that your student is learning alone. To make your online program more challenging and interactive, implement features such as chat, discussion, and Q&A sessions. Interaction is one of the most effective ways to learn quickly.
- Video lectures have a high ability to attract students while also assisting in a better understanding of the content learned in class. Video resources are free and easily accessible on the internet, and they can be created in a few simple steps and with minimal effort.
- Students should be given supporting materials such as recorded videos, documents, presentations, etc. In online courses, students spend a significant amount of time learning independently. Providing course-related supporting materials will benefit students. Additionally, assignments in shared sheets and documents can be submitted online.
2. Different plans and Offers
Having a separate plan for your online courses is a good strategy. Having a plan entails selling a course in sections such as an introduction to basics, an intermediate program, etc. This can help you capture the student’s attention and persuade them to purchase your course.
- Offering a subscription plan or additional benefits to your students as your first online course can lead to students promoting your course. If the cost of your online course is high, focus on providing more benefits to students.
- If you do not have a plan for the next course launch, you can offer discount options on the next course once it is released. Anyway, if your students are impressed with the content of your course, they will undoubtedly return whenever you make your next course available.
Social networks are an essential tool for developing relationships with students. Having a presence on social media allows you to build a community ahead of time that will assist you in the future or who may become your students. In addition, social media has a large fan base that will undoubtedly help you sell your first online course.
Some social networks that help you build your presence and will assist you in selling your online course.
YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine. As a marketing strategy, you can post your videos on YouTube. Additionally, provide some introductory courses for free before charging for the intermediate course.
Writing blogs about topics related to your online course is an excellent way to inform students about the course you will be offering. Your content will provide students with a better understanding while also attracting students. Furthermore, the keywords will help you rank well in search engine results. Search engine optimization is also possible.
Webinars are great places to talk about your course and the classes you’ll be selling online. You can also have one-on-one conversations there. It’s a powerful communication tool before you launch your first online course.
4. Promotion and sales
Promoting online courses is critical because you will be unable to sell your courses without them. Promotion is an essential stage in the selling process. You do not need to promote your online courses offline because you sell them online. You can use any of the available online options. One of them is social media, where you will already have a presence and a community where you can share your online course links and many other things regarding your courses and class. You can use it as a free promotion platform.
The effective use of social media will lead to the sale of your online course. There are also paid advertising options on social media that you can use.
5. Pick a Platform
A Learning Management System is a platform for hosting e-learning- learning (LMS). As the name implies, an LMS is essentially a SaaS (software as a service) that functions like an online classroom.
Teachers can offer online courses and lessons through an LMS. In addition, students can access the material and other resources provided by the teacher through the platform, such as presentations, PDFs, and chats to discuss the content.
What should one look for when running or selling an online course?
Customization options, easy editing and management, and security for hosting your courses with duplication and backup are necessary to ensure a safe and durable environment. Online payments, support, and so on.
Classplus is an evolving and personalized e-learning platform with features that make it even simpler for those who want to conduct and sell online courses. Connect with and get your own app and expand your online coaching business.