Planning to start a new YouTube channel? Not sure about what type of content to upload? Don’t worry. We have come up with an ultimate guide for you on how to grow your educational YouTube channel.
Strategizing your content for YouTube is the most important step when it comes to growing your YouTube channel. To make sure that your educational YouTube channel content is regular and interesting for your target audience, you must first develop a proper content plan. This post talks about the elements of a fruitful content plan to grow your educational YouTube channel.
Why do you need to have a content strategy for an educational YouTube channel to grow?
Having a content strategy for educational YouTube channel will help you to set priorities for your YouTube channel. You are more likely to produce meaningful content for your audience and understand what they expect from you.
- Conduct extensive research to determine the most frequent questions and problems your target audience is experiencing.
- Make a calendar of the material you’ll develop, including interviews with subject-matter experts, how-to videos, and tutorials.
- Use data analytics to monitor the engagement and behavior of your audience and change your content strategy as necessary to boost views, watch time, and subscriber counts.
- Choose the specialty of your channel and the subjects you want to cover initially.
What are the steps to follow to have a content strategy for educational YouTube channel?
1. Define your goals
Having a goal is the best way to move towards a successful path. Setting up your goals to grow your educational YouTube channel will help you set a strong foundation for it. The most important step is to understand the purpose of your educational YouTube channel. Here you must know:
- How to grow educational YouTube channel and why do you want to do this?
- How are you going to launch your channel?
- What will you do on your YouTube channel?
Also read about how educational channels are making money on YouTube?
2. Understand your audience
Are you aware of your audience? Do you even know what they expect from you and your educational YouTube channel? This is the most important step to consider while preparing a content strategy to grow your educational YouTube channel.
Understanding your audience will help you leverage your content quality and better connect with them.
What information is required to understand your audience?
- Gender etc.
This information will help you to come up with exact topics for your content which your audience will like. You will be able to provide them with a better user experience. Optimizing your content becomes easier if you are aware of what your audience wants from you.
3. Conduct good keyword research
A proper keyword analysis is an important step of content strategy. Filtering the best keywords for your channel will help you rank your YouTube videos better.
It helps you in identifying the keywords which are most searched by viewers who are looking for relevant information.
- Use these keywords in the description of your video, audio, captions etc.
- Determine these keywords using different tools like VidIQ, TubeBuddy etc. these tools are helpful in terms of finding popular keywords in the form of terms and phrases.
- Analyze the keywords used by your competitors to get better results and rankings than them.
4. Know your competitors
Understanding your competitors will also contribute to your channel’s growth. How? YouTube is a platform which serves you ‘n number of videos’ when you search for a topic. Only a few rank in the top 5 or top 10 list, right? So how are these YouTube channels achieving this ranking?
The fundamental idea of the skyscraper strategy is to provide excellent content to outperform your competitors in terms of views and quality. This can be achieved by carefully examining the content shared by your competitors and comprehending their business models.
You can include these tactics in your video optimization if you are aware of the various ones these YouTube channels use.
What can you do?
- Refer to the videos ranking in top 5 category
- Look for your competitors videos on the same topic as you wish to upload
- Use high performing keywords in the video’s description
- Make your videos on popular topics, keeping in mind your niche
Here are tips for you to shoot professional videos for your online courses.
5. Determine your area of expertise
You cannot just start teaching anything on your YouTube channel. Right? Having a proper direction and a niche is important. Determining your area of expertise plays an important role in growing your educational YouTube channel. Giving your viewers a clear understanding of what your YouTube channel will be offering them is necessary.
Determining your area of expertise and panning your content goes hand in hand. It will help you in nurturing and attracting more audience for your educational YouTube channel.
6. Execute your ideas
After all the planning and analysis it’s time to execute everything. There are few things which must be kept in mind at the time of execution, such as:
- Choose a good location for shooting your educational videos
- Determine the length of the video. Don’t make it too short or too long
- Don’t forget to review your videos to know what changes can be made
- Design an attractive thumbnail for your video. Remember thumbnails play a very important role when it comes to attracting more audience and getting maximum views on your videos.
- Add captions in your videos
- Use high performing keywords to rank your videos
- You can conduct live classes, marathon classes etc. on your YouTube channel to engage your audience.
7. Optimize your YouTube videos as per SEO
Keeping in mind the basics of SEO while optimizing your videos is important for you to grow your educational YouTube channel.
While optimizing your YouTube videos, you must do a thorough research of keywords using legitimate tools. Including good performing keywords into your video’s title, description, and tags is one approach to optimize it for search engines. A transcript of your video should be included as well because it can aid search engines in comprehending its content.
Promoting your material on social media is another strategy to optimize your videos for search engines. You may raise the profile of your material and improve traffic to your channel by posting your videos on social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
To wrap up
A good content strategy is essential to growing your educational YouTube channel. With the help of a proper and planned process, you can establish your educational YouTube channel as a trustworthy source of information, raise your visibility, and expand your subscriber base and page views.
Keep in mind all the points mentioned above while creating a content strategy for educational YouTube channels based on these insights, and you can grow your YouTube channel.
Content Strategy To Grow Your Educational YouTube Channel FAQ’s
A1. To identify the topics for your educational YouTube videos, you can start by thinking about the questions your target audience might have related to your topic. You can also use keyword research tools to find out what people are searching for related to your topic.
A2. Consistency is key when it comes to uploading new videos to your channel. You should aim to upload new videos on a regular schedule, such as once a week or twice a month, to keep your audience engaged.
A3. To optimize your videos for YouTube SEO, you should use relevant keywords in your video titles, descriptions, and tags. You should also use closed captions and transcripts to make your videos more accessible and to provide additional keywords for search engines.
A4. To promote your videos and grow your educational YouTube channel, you can share your videos on social media, email newsletters, and other relevant platforms. You can also collaborate with other YouTubers in your niche to reach a wider audience.