Movies and TV shows have been a staple of the classroom for decades, but let’s not underestimate their educational value. There are many must watch movies for teachers that can be enjoyed by both teachers and non-teachers alike. Some of the best teacher movies include Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, Freedom Writers, and To Sir, With Love. These movies all deal with different aspects of teaching, and each one is excellent in its way. So, if you’re looking for must watch movies for teachers that will inspire you, make you laugh, or simply touch your heart, you can consider watching any of these.
Let us look at the list of must watch movies for teachers which depict teachers who make a difference in their students’ lives and inspire them to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
List Of Bollywood Must Watch Movies For Teachers
- The list of must watch movies for teachers include Hichki on top. The film has made a significant point about how to instill good values in children at the appropriate age and in a manner that is comfortable for them.
- This lesson applies to both parents and schools. Realizing their potential and pointing them in the proper direction are the most important things.
- The film also contained the motivational message that any objective may be attained with dedication and sincerity.
- The movie Hichki teaches us a lesson that neither we nor others can accept and embrace our imperfections. It is important to be proud of who you are and accept yourself completely.
Chak De India!
- The movie is based on the women’s hockey team who represented India in the 2002 Commonwealth games.
- It teaches you how teamwork can lead you towards success.
- The movie portrays how the coach plays an important role in the lives of the players.
- Chak De India! is a must watch movie for both teachers and students which teaches them how they can come out of a difficult situation with proper planning and teamwork.
Taare Zameen Par
- The movie showcases the struggles of a child who is suffering from dyslexia. A youngster with dyslexia, a learning condition that impairs the brain’s capacity to process, evaluate, or store information, is shown in the film.
- When no one could figure out his talent and love for painting, his teacher helped him to come out confidentially and display his talent to the world.
- This movie shows how a teacher impacts the lives of their students and how they can help them transform them in a positive way.
- This is a must watch movies for teachers and students which will definitely help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.
- Making the impossible feasible is one of the many skills of a teacher, and in the movie Iqbal, a similar situation occurs.
- Iqbal, a deaf and mute child, overcomes obstacles to realize his dream of playing for the Indian national cricket team in this coming-of-age movie with a unique touch.
- If it weren’t for the encouraging coach Mohit who made sure to carefully train the youngster and never let him give up, his dream would never have come true.
- Iqbal is a must-watch sports story with exactly the right amount of emotion and joy.
List Of Hollywood Must Watch Movies For Teachers
- Must watch movies for teachers list includes Karate Kid which teaches you to succeed as people we require a mentor or teacher in our formative years.
- Our Guru may be found in our parents, teachers, friends, or office mentors.
- We need to find a competent teacher so that we can learn valuable lessons that we will always treasure.
- Christopher Nolan’s 2010 blockbuster explores the dream concept within a dream. This movie has an entire scene in a classroom, where architecture is taught to students.
- It’s a great way to start learning about this topic, showing how our perception of space is often different from reality.
- In the classroom scene, Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) talks with his students about dreams while they are sleeping, discussing their dreams while unconscious during the top spinning experiment. A terrific concept that will make your students question everything they know!
- In 1999, The Matrix hit theaters and introduced the world to alternative computer-created realities. In the film, the main character discovers that his real world is a computer program that allows machines to harvest humans for energy.
- This is a great way to start talking about artificial intelligence and its use today, such as Siri on your iPhone or Alexa in your home.
- However, it also leads nicely into the dangers of automation rebelling against its human creators, an increasingly common theme in films recently.
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- The poster boy of ditching school has valuable life lessons on his day off from class. Chief among them: never take school too seriously.
- In the film, Ferris uses his day off to investigate his best friend’s father’s auto repair business, and we see a whole sequence dedicated to learning that your career path may not initially be what you think it will be.
The Usual Suspects
- This is another excellent example of a movie that can be used as an introduction to an unfamiliar subject. Except for Keyser Söze (Kevin Spacey), this movie has virtually no dialogue.
- It’s just an intriguing plot line featuring a man trying to tell everyone that he is Keyser Söze, but nobody listens to him because he does everything so well and looks exactly like him.
- It’s a great way to introduce the concept of identity and how your past can be used against you.
- Classic disaster movie that’s also an excellent introduction to aviation safety regulations. We see how pilots and air marshals practice emergencies and how to respond reasonably in a crisis.
- It will make your students smarter if it inspires them to learn more about real-life hijackings, turbulence, and other disasters.
- It also shows how everyone can be connected by video chat technology now, which is undeniably a reality these days in the classroom.
The Mosquito Coast
- It’s hard not to include movies with one of the best lines of dialogue ever written into any list. But beyond that, this 1986 film is a great way to introduce the concepts of family and how genetics can influence your relationships with friends and strangers, even in the extreme.
- It also shows how a man hit by a car may react differently from what you might expect. A nice lesson for young students!
- High school teachers make sure you give this movie a watch. There are several great lessons in there, but the first one is how a classroom’s dynamics can influence its students’ opinions.
- In this film, William Wallace leads his Scottish menfolk against an English army to restore Scotland’s independence.
- A great way to introduce or reinforce the idea that students’ opinions and perspectives on topics should be considered when deciding on a lesson plan. Definitely one of the must watch movies for teachers.
The Sixth Sense
- The Sixth Sense serves as a manual for converting darkness into light, suffering into recovery, and trauma into love.
- According to The Sixth Sense, all it takes to start the healing process is for one person to believe in you. It demands that we accept help and develop mutual trust in exchange.
- Soul movie educate the right way to live rather than just depicting the poor choices individuals make in life and how they end up lost.
- The movie also teaches us to never undervalue anyone. You never know who is very talented.
- We frequently make assumptions about a person’s character and level of talent based solely on societal standards, such as whether or not they attended a reputable university, work for a large corporation, are wealthy or not, etc.
- The main lesson of Pixar’s spirit is learning to find harmony and joy in life and this is surely one of the must watch movies for teachers.
Kung Fu Panda
- The list of must watch movies for teachers include Kung Fu Panda that teaches you to keep trying and push yourself. You must be prepared to put up your hand and try.
- Additionally, the more we push ourselves, the more we discover about ourselves. In all of the movies, Po puts a lot of effort into becoming a master.
- Po makes an uncomfortably bold move. He is able to become a Dragon Master because of his intense effort. Po has a growth attitude, which enables him to improve.
School of Rock
- Another movie in the must watch movies for teachers list is the School of Rock. The movie showcases how a teacher encouraged connections with students around the world and inspired them to develop their creativity, talents, and use a variety of tools.
- He introduces his children to the hard rock heroes he admires and emulates while pretending to be a substitute music teacher at an elite private primary school, much to the dismay of the rigid principal.
The Man Who Knew Infinity
- This film focuses on death, especially what it looks like to others and how we deal with uncertainty when events unfold before us.
- The concept of the afterlife is discussed through the main character’s ghostly activities and how doctors can peer into another person’s soul, which allows them to determine whether they have died.
Movies are a great way to start and end your day at school. They also impact the life of a teacher greatly. If you want to learn more about a subject, just watch a movie! Watching movies in class is also great for getting students to understand that some of their favorite films are actually education tools disguised as entertainment. So these are the must watch movies for teachers.
Are you passionate about teaching? Do you wish to become an online tutor and take your online coaching business to next level? Then Classplus is here to help you. Get your own coaching app in less than 60 seconds with amazing features made just for you. Create test series, sell your online courses, take live sessions, manage marketing and lot more on your app. To know more, connect with us and take a demo now!
17 Must Watch Movies For Teachers FAQs
A1. Learners can learn effectively by watching movies. If this is carried out in the proper manner then it can be very beneficial for learners. Movies help in extending learning beyond textbooks, papers and concepts.
A2. Some of the must watch movies for teachers which improve creativity are:
Stand and deliver
Super 30 (Bollywood)
A3. Delivering educational messages from movies is not easy, the person must think out of the box and creatively. Adding good visuals, focusing on the interest factor of the audience and adding real life examples will help to deliver the message correctly.
A4. Some of the must watch movies for teachers are Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, Freedom Writers, and To Sir, With Love.
A5. Movies do have a lot of life lessons in them. With good visuals and audios it keeps the audience engaged by which they can memorize things for a longer period of time.