How can you improve student learning? How can you, as a teacher, keep class joyful and engaging? How do you bring creative participation to students? Do creative project ideas improve student performance?
To answer all such questions, do read the article to get amazing creative project ideas that you as a teacher can assign that improve student learning.
Creativity is the ability to bring new original ideas, thoughts, and possibilities that will be helpful in communication, solving problems, and much more. A creative person thinks out of the box, able to view things from a different perspective or angle, which generates new ideas and possibilities.
How is creativity important for students?
- Creativity captures new ideas and thoughts, which help them to solve problems more openly and with innovation.
- Creativity helps students to absorb knowledge more easily and makes the learning process more efficient.
- Creativity keeps the student’s mind active and engages in different learning styles
- Creativity helps in boosting productivity and confidence.
Amazing creative project ideas for school teachers to enhance and improve student learning
- Create glossary
A glossary is an alphabetical list of words or phrases with their definitions and examples. You can assign students to create a glossary of difficult words they found in the text. When they read a text, they find many unfamiliar words, and creating a glossary of these words will help them to develop a good vocabulary.
Vocabulary is vital for student success. A good vocabulary helps in
(a) Language development
(b) Improving reading comprehension
(c) Improves verbal and written communication
(d) Using the right set of words
Next time when a student sees such words again, they will be able to understand the text more easily. Learning new words and using them appropriately can help students to express their ideas and thoughts in a meaningful manner.
- Make Best Out of Waste
It is important to make students aware and responsible for the environment and our planet Earth. Students are well aware of the phrase “Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle,” and it’s important to make sure that they implement this for sustainability. You can give a project related to this like:
- Make a flower pot using a plastic bottle
- Recycling paper out of waste paper
- Using egg cartons for growing herbs
- Make bookmarks using ice cream sticks
- Paper vase using old newspaper
- Reversible coasters using old CDs.
- Photo Frame using dried leaves and cardboard.
- 3. Leaf Projects
You should assign as many creative project ideas as you can. In every home, we find different plants, and students must know their uniqueness.
- Tell them to collect leaves of different shapes, sizes, and colors. After that, paste them into a scrapbook and name the plant also. It is a creative learning process through which they will identify and learn more about plants.
- Other than this, you can assign them to make creative handmade things using leaves like (a)Making greeting cards, (b) Leaf bookmarks, and much more.
- 4. PowerPoint Presentation
It will be a great idea to assign group-based projects to make PowerPoint presentations which will help them to develop teamwork and learn digital skills. By using Powerpoint, they can number images, audio, and videos to create a higher visual impact. You can assign different topics to each group. So, when students are creating their presentations, it helps them to remember information faster and for a longer time. When they listen to the rest of the group presentation, they understand the concept more clearly and easily. By assigning such projects, students build confidence to communicate their ideas and thoughts in a better way.
5. Editorial Section of Newspaper
We all are aware that students don’t read newspapers often and are not aware of what’s happening around them. Assigning tasks to read the editorial section of newspapers and choose any two to three articles. After which, write a summary or gist of those articles sharing their views too. Isn’t it the best way to develop and improve their reading and writing skills? They will get aware and be able to express their views about what is going on in society.
Above are some of the creative project ideas which will be useful for school teachers in improving students’ learning. It is important to bring creativity and enthusiasm to the learning pattern of students so that they don’t get bored and be always ready to learn.
The Final Word
If you are a teacher and find it difficult to conduct and manage a class? Then, Classplus is for you! It will make all your tasks easy and manageable. You don’t have to reach out to different systems for developing websites, downloading unique apps for conducting lessons and assigning tests, promoting courses, and much more. Classplus provides you with all these features in one place. Classplus gives you an all-in-one e-platform that is specially designed for teachers like you, which allows you to create your apps, list, and sell your courses from one platform only. Students across the globe will be able to access the courses. Book your free demo at Classplus now to avail of amazing features which not only help in conducting class smoothly but also boost your business.